CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

donderdag 10 januari 2008

Story about a vacation!

When I was young we often went to Luxembourg in the autumn holidays. Those were not my “favourite” vacations, but I get some sort of a warm feeling from the inside, if I think back to those vacations. That’s why I want to tell you about Luxembourg. I have a lot of nice memories about them. I don’t remember all the details, but I’ll tell the small things that always have been stuck in my memory.

When we visited Luxembourg we always went to Kaundorf that’s near Wiltz. Kaundorf is a very small village that’s surrounded by mountains. (Not very big mountains but mountains are mountains, right?) We always booked the same little house near the woods. It was not some kind of resort, (I don’t like that at all) but there were two little houses, which could be rented. The property around the house was enormous. There were cows standing in the meadow next to that ground. It was just very rural. The smell of the air in the morning, I still remember that, weird isn’t it? Alright..

I think we’ve been there more than five times. I don’t know exactly. Most of the time we went there, friends went along or other family joined us.

Well we didn’t do much when we were there. Whole days of just messing around. But when you’re a kid, than that’s great! We were playing at the playground. And every afternoon we dragged tree-trunks from the forest, for the campfire. And of course we had marshmallows to place on the fire! It was a hell of a job to find the right piece of wood to prick your marshmallows on. And then you had to cut a point at the stick, well you keep a kid busy like that as a parent.

Two years ago we went with my family and my aunt, uncle and three cousins to Luxembourg again. That was fun! We went out, to a disco in the area. We had to be there, the only place to go out was that disco. Yeah, there were some pubs but that was boring. At the disco was some weird band but with a beer, my brother, sister and three cousins around it was also great!

I think it’s very boring when you live out there, as someone of my age. You live in the middle of nowhere.

But the whole idea of going to Luxembourg two years ago was, to have a nice time and to visit the little house were we used to go on vacation. So we drove to Kaundorf. When we arrived it was totally different.. There were standing ugly houses instead of cows!

(Those important cows!) What a pity, that it had changed so much! Of course it’s logical after so many years, it couldn’t be the same. Luxembourg, it sounds a little bit boring, but I had great times there!


Well, that’s it.

See you next time,

Greets Karen!!


0 reacties: